Translation of friction in Spanish:
- 1 [Physics/Física] [Technology/Tecnología] rozamiento (masculine), fricción (feminine) they tried to produce fire by friction intentaron hacer fuego frotando dos palos ( or piedras etc) (before noun/delante del nombre) [clutch] de fricciónExample sentences
- Less friction also reduces the stress imposed on the material.
- Light rail uses up to 80 per cent less energy than buses as it encounters less surface friction.
- These substances reduce friction between the moving parts of equipment.
- Divergence may result from friction with the Earth's surface.
- Shooting hard can cause the cue tip leather to loose friction with the cue ball, causing it to jump rather than spin.
- It didn't heat up from friction with the skin, and it protected against hard blows and blasts.
- 2 (discord) tirantez (feminine), roces (masculine plural) domestic friction roces (masculine plural) or desavenencias (feminine plural) familiares that is bound to lead to friction sin duda eso va a provocar tirantez or rocesExample sentences
- One other troubling situation she confronted was friction between the cultural groups.
- In reading this account, we come to realise that the fights and friction between different groups in the hospital setting are universal and ubiquitous.
- The best content comes from creative friction between program makers and management.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.