Translation of friction in Spanish:
- 1 (Physics, Technology) they tried to produce fire by frictionintentaron hacer fuego frotando dos palos ( or piedras etc)(before noun) (clutch)
de fricciónExample sentences
- Less friction also reduces the stress imposed on the material.
- Light rail uses up to 80 per cent less energy than buses as it encounters less surface friction.
- These substances reduce friction between the moving parts of equipment.
- Divergence may result from friction with the Earth's surface.
- Shooting hard can cause the cue tip leather to loose friction with the cue ball, causing it to jump rather than spin.
- It didn't heat up from friction with the skin, and it protected against hard blows and blasts.
- 2 (discord)tirantez (feminine)domestic friction
roces (masculine plural)roces (masculine plural) familiaresthat is bound to lead to friction
desavenencias (feminine plural) familiaressin duda eso va a provocar tirantez or rocesExample sentences
- One other troubling situation she confronted was friction between the cultural groups.
- In reading this account, we come to realise that the fights and friction between different groups in the hospital setting are universal and ubiquitous.
- The best content comes from creative friction between program makers and management.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.