- 1 [Cookery/Cocina] frito a fried egg un huevo frito or (Mexico/México) estrellado fried foods frituras (feminine plural)More example sentences
- Stay away from fatty foods, fried foods and any junk foods during this time.
- Spicy Thailand fare was spread on the table with steamy sesame rice, hotspurs and fried beef in oyster sauce.
- If you want a taste of what the authentic northern dishes are like, try baked bean curd with shrimp roe or the fried vegetables with egg.
- 2 (exhausted) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], hecho polvo [colloquial/familiar], reventado [colloquial/familiar], frito [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
More example sentences
- Who has not felt frazzled, fried, and finished at some point during his or her career?
- I went from high school quarterback to fried LSD guy in two years or whatever.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.