Translation of friendly in Spanish:
adjective -lier, -liest
agradable(welcome)I'll give you some friendly advice
cordialte voy a dar un consejo de amigohe gave her a friendly wavela saludó amablemente con la manothere's a friendly little cafe nearbyhay un barcito cerca que es muy simpático or agradableto be friendly
to/ withsomebodyhe wasn't very friendly to herno estuvo demasiado simpático or amable con ellashe's friendly with Tessaes amiga de TessaI'm quite friendly with him nowahora somos bastante amigosto be on friendly terms with somebodyllevarse bien con alguienenvironmentally friendly productsproductos (masculine plural) inocuos para el medio ambienteExample sentences
- Does it matter if we smile and are friendly to him?
- They do not only live in harmony but are equally friendly to visitors.
- Eddie was held in high esteem by the farming community and his pleasant friendly smile endeared him to all.
- We are friendly with our neighbours, with people at work, and with the kids and parents at our son's school.
- And you have to have all of your own supplies, because unless you're friendly with the neighbors, there is no one around to borrow from.
- Sam has chosen people that he is friendly with and that he can talk to.
- 2 (good-natured)(game/match)
- He summed up the season as being competitive yet friendly and with the trio applying to join next year it was evident that the league continued to grow.
- ‘It's a competition that pitches towns right around the island into friendly rivalry,’ the Minister said.
- This is a competition that creates friendly rivalry among the participants and the judging is anticipated with great enthusiasm.
- Bradford came to Oxford for a friendly game of water polo on Saturday.
- Botswana yesterday marked 38 years of independence with a win over Zambia in an international friendly soccer match played in Gaborone.
- Chulumanda said he has directed the director of sports to organise international friendly games following the aborted trip to China.
- 3 (of one's own side)(ship/aircraft/troops)
- Its initial purpose was to prevent Allied aircraft bombing friendly ground forces.
- When a mechanized force enters an area with friendly infantry, both light and mechanized soldiers get a little apprehensive.
- In the case of air defense or offensive military equipment, waiting until friendly forces are engaged is too late to confirm disablement.
noun plural -lies
- (British English)
partido (masculine) amistoso
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.