Translation of frill in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of fabric) volante (masculine) or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) volado (masculine) or (Mexico/México) olán (masculine) or (Chile) vuelo (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (of paper) fleco (masculine)
- It was pink, with frills around the collar and bottom hem.
- The sleeves of the shirt were, thanks to Allicia, immaculately black, the frills of the cuffs ruffled lightly.
- There were tucks and folds and frills and bows and lace and rhinestones and embroidery and ribbons all over it.
- 2 [colloquial/familiar] 2.1 (pretension) floritura (feminine) a ceremony with no frills una ceremonia sencilla 2.2 (refinement) detalle (masculine)Example sentences
- In an article last October, I described how my wife and I planned to chop around £800 a month from our expenses by cutting back on unnecessary luxuries, frills and trimmings.
- It's as nice a defensive pistol as you can buy, with every feature needed and no unnecessary frills.
- ‘Our clients are paying for our services, not the extra frills of working from the glassy palaces of Covent Garden,’ he said.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a