Translation of frilly in Spanish:
adjective -lier, -liest
de volantes or (River Plate area) de volados or (Mexico) de olanes or (Chile) de vuelosExample sentences
- Waitresses dress in costumes which recall the early days of London's first tearooms, when white frilly aprons were worn over black dresses, and white caps covered their hair.
- Then I donned my pearls and frilly apron and concocted a delectable dinner of Mexican bread, mini-meat loaves and fresh green beans.
- Mish was allowed to wear a frilly apron as a concession.
- 2 (ornamented) [pejorative](style)the bedroom was too frilly for my taste
recargadoel dormitorio me pareció muy rococóExample sentences
- As hard as she tried, Kayin couldn't picture him anywhere that wasn't frilly, rich, and perfect.
- His performance in that film shows up the Randall version for what it really was - a prissy, frilly, silly version of a far more interesting and comic character.
- It's too fancy, too frilly, too difficult to read.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.