Translation of fringe in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (on shawl, carpet, tablecloth) fleco (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (of trees, houses) hilera (feminine)
- Much of the vigor of the textile traditions of Mahdia comes through the embellishment of woven cloth with embroidery and the addition of fringes, tassels, and pompoms.
- Being a very feminine line, rounded shapes, inverted pleats, fringes, deconstructed cuts and chunky buttons feature in the collection.
- She was wearing a floral silk shirt with a fringe and a denim miniskirt.
- Eighty-five percent of at-risk American farms are on the fringes of urban areas.
- Initially, stations were located on the fringes of the urban area to ease access and economize on land costs.
- Like most early projects, it replaced an area of run-down, overcrowded, squalid dwellings on the fringes of the downtown area.
- 2 (of hair) (British English/inglés británico) flequillo (masculine), cerquillo (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) , fleco (masculine) (Mexico/México) , chasquilla (feminine) (Chile) , capul (masculine) (Colombia) , pollina (feminine) (Venezuela)Example sentences
- As part of a new image to promote the single, 21-year-old Kimberley, of Allerton, Bradford, has been given a new haircut with a fringe.
- Scott put out his cigarette in the ashtray, and wiped his hand across his forehead, pushing back his fringe.
- His thin, reddish hair is neatly cut; a boyish fringe covers his forehead.
- 3 (periphery) (often plural/frecuentemente plural) on the fringe(s) of the town en la periferia de la ciudad to live on the fringe(s) of society vivir al margen de la sociedad the extremist fringe of the party el sector extremista del partido (before noun/delante del nombre) [area/group] marginal; [music/medicine] alternativo fringe theatre (British English/inglés británico) teatro (masculine) alternativo or experimental
- 4 (American English/inglés norteamericano) fringe benefit
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (decorate with fringe) [scarf/rug] ponerle* un fleco a 1.2 (border) bordear fringed with fur con una orla de piel
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.