Translation of front runner in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in race) (Sport)puntero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (in contest) he emerged as the front runner in the opinion polls
- The former governor of a New England state is emerging as the Democrats front runner in the US presidential election race.
- He is the front-runner and I think he will continue to be the front runner until the other candidates get its message together and pull the staff together.
- He raced behind the two front runners early before assuming command 150 yards from the finish line and drawing clear by two lengths.
surgió como el favorito en los sondeos de opiniónthe company is a front runner in cancer researchla compañía es una de las que van en cabeza or a la vanguardia en investigación sobre cáncer
- ‘The strong headwind did not help a front runner, it was a killer but he has run a great race,’ he said.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.