Translation of front runner in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in race) (Sport)puntero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (in contest) See examples: he emerged as the front runner in the opinion polls
- The former governor of a New England state is emerging as the Democrats front runner in the US presidential election race.
- He is the front-runner and I think he will continue to be the front runner until the other candidates get its message together and pull the staff together.
- He raced behind the two front runners early before assuming command 150 yards from the finish line and drawing clear by two lengths.
the company is a front runner in cancer researchsurgió como el favorito en los sondeos de opiniónla compañía es una de las que van en cabeza or a la vanguardia en investigación sobre cáncer
- ‘The strong headwind did not help a front runner, it was a killer but he has run a great race,’ he said.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the