- 1.1 (in race) [Sport/Deporte] puntero, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (in contest) he emerged as the front runner in the opinion polls surgió como el favorito en los sondeos de opinión the company is a front runner in cancer research la compañía es una de las que van en cabeza or a la vanguardia en investigación sobre cáncer
- The former governor of a New England state is emerging as the Democrats front runner in the US presidential election race.
- He is the front-runner and I think he will continue to be the front runner until the other candidates get its message together and pull the staff together.
- He raced behind the two front runners early before assuming command 150 yards from the finish line and drawing clear by two lengths.
- ‘The strong headwind did not help a front runner, it was a killer but he has run a great race,’ he said.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.