- 1.1 (in race) [Sport/Deporte] puntero, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (in contest) he emerged as the front runner in the opinion polls surgió como el favorito en los sondeos de opinión the company is a front runner in cancer research la compañía es una de las que van en cabeza or a la vanguardia en investigación sobre cáncer
- The former governor of a New England state is emerging as the Democrats front runner in the US presidential election race.
- He is the front-runner and I think he will continue to be the front runner until the other candidates get its message together and pull the staff together.
- He raced behind the two front runners early before assuming command 150 yards from the finish line and drawing clear by two lengths.
- ‘The strong headwind did not help a front runner, it was a killer but he has run a great race,’ he said.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.