- 1.1 (in race) [Sport/Deporte] puntero, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (in contest) he emerged as the front runner in the opinion polls surgió como el favorito en los sondeos de opinión the company is a front runner in cancer research la compañía es una de las que van en cabeza or a la vanguardia en investigación sobre cáncer
- The former governor of a New England state is emerging as the Democrats front runner in the US presidential election race.
- He is the front-runner and I think he will continue to be the front runner until the other candidates get its message together and pull the staff together.
- He raced behind the two front runners early before assuming command 150 yards from the finish line and drawing clear by two lengths.
- ‘The strong headwind did not help a front runner, it was a killer but he has run a great race,’ he said.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.