- 1 [Culin] 1.1 (on cake) (AmE) baño (m) cake1 1 1.2 (of sugar) (BrE) glaseado (m)More example sentences
- Cookies that have been frosted with a butter cream type frosting cannot be stacked.
- It was a chocolate cake with white frosting and candied cherries on top.
- Cakes are purchased from local supermarkets whose ideas of frosting include two primary ingredients… sugar and vegetable shortening.
- 2 [Tech] esmerilado (m)More example sentences
- A sweeping, swirl of baby ostrich down, rather like piped icing on an art nouveau birthday cake, contrasted the material's shine with soft, matt frosting.
- Naughty boys Ferdinand and Steve took it upon themselves to strip the frosting off the shower door - something which proved to be the highlight of yesterday's Big Brother action.
- Using the stencil with frosting varnish for glass at £7.95, the varnish can be tinted to create your own stained glass effect.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.