Translation of fruit in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (collectively) I don't like fruitno me gusta la frutadifferent types of fruitdistintas frutasa piece of fruit
distintos tipos de frutauna (pieza de) frutafruit growerfruticultor, (-tora) (masculine, feminine)fruit knifecuchillo (masculine) de frutaExample sentences1.2 countable (type — as food)
- Begin to buy whole-grain products and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Because it contains high levels of salt, Josie should eat potassium-rich foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as drink lots of water.
- You will be able to enjoy fresh vegetables, fruits, or sweets accompanied with a light soda or sparking water.
fruto (masculine)Example sentences
- Every 12 h during the period of prolonged darkness, samples of young leaves, flowers, roots and fruits from two plants were harvested for analysis.
- A wide variety of organs from various plant species were analysed: roots, stems, hypocotyls, leaves, fruits, and petioles.
- The proportion of flowers and ovules that develop into fruits and seeds in flowering plants rarely reaches 1.
- 2 uncountable and countable (product) the fruits of the earth the fruit(s) of his labors/of two years' researchel fruto de su trabajo/de dos años de investigaciónto bear fruitdar (su) frutoExample sentences
- Photography remained a private activity, the fruits of which were stored in over 150 albums - 14,500 pages of images.
- It was their just reward last week to see the fruits of their labour come to fruition and be recognised.
- The contest between capital and labour over the fruits of economically productive activity remains the front line struggle.
- 3 (homosexual)(especially American English) [slang] [offensive]
maricón (masculine) [colloquial] [offensive]
mariposa (masculine) [colloquial]
lilo (masculine) (Mexico) [colloquial] [pejorative]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.