Translation of fruit in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (collectively) I don't like fruitno me gusta la frutadifferent types of fruitdistintas frutasa piece of fruit
distintos tipos de frutauna (pieza de) frutafruit growerfruticultor, (-tora) (masculine, feminine)fruit knifecuchillo (masculine) de frutaExample sentences1.2 countable (type)
(as food) fruta (feminine)(Botany)
- Begin to buy whole-grain products and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Because it contains high levels of salt, Josie should eat potassium-rich foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as drink lots of water.
- You will be able to enjoy fresh vegetables, fruits, or sweets accompanied with a light soda or sparking water.
fruto (masculine)Example sentences
- Every 12 h during the period of prolonged darkness, samples of young leaves, flowers, roots and fruits from two plants were harvested for analysis.
- A wide variety of organs from various plant species were analysed: roots, stems, hypocotyls, leaves, fruits, and petioles.
- The proportion of flowers and ovules that develop into fruits and seeds in flowering plants rarely reaches 1.
- 2 uncountable or countable (product) the fruits of the earth the fruit(s) of his labors/of two years' researchel fruto de su trabajo/de dos años de investigaciónto bear fruitdar (su) frutoExample sentences
- Photography remained a private activity, the fruits of which were stored in over 150 albums - 14,500 pages of images.
- It was their just reward last week to see the fruits of their labour come to fruition and be recognised.
- The contest between capital and labour over the fruits of economically productive activity remains the front line struggle.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.