Translation of full in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- 1 1.1 (filled)(container/vessel)don't speak with your mouth full my heart was too full [literary]
llenome embargaba la emoción [literary]full
ofsomethingllenoit's full of holes dealgoestá lleno de agujerosa book crammed o packed full of useful informationun libro lleno de datos útilesshe's full of funes muy divertidathey were full of praise for your workelogiaron mucho tu trabajoto be full of it (American English) [colloquial] [euphemistic]don't listen to him: he's full of itno le hagas caso, dice puras tonterías or sandecesExample sentences1.2 (crowded)
(room/train)you've got a very full day ahead of you
- The supply truck tows a water trailer and carries full water cans for direct exchange.
- The Opera House was far from full and yet the noise throughout the performance was quite amazing.
- She was going to ride the same bus as us, but this one was too full, so she was placed on the second bus.
llenotienes un día muy ocupado por delante1.3 (well fed) I'm full (up)estoy llenoExample sentences
- How good one feels when one is full - how satisfied with ourselves and with the world!
- A high fibre meal gives the sensation of being quickly full and satisfied.
- Of course, we all had far too much to eat, and ended up flopped on the settee feeling full but satisfied for the rest of the night.
- 2 2.1 (complete)(report/description)
detallado(name/answer/meal)to pay the full price/amount
completopagar el precio íntegro/la totalidad de la sumayou have my full supporttienes todo mi apoyoin full control of his facultiesen plena posesión de sus facultadesin full bloomen plena floraciónin full uniformvistiendo el uniforme completoto lead a very full lifellevar una vida muy activaa full week's holidayuna semana entera de vacacionesfull sister/brotherhermana/hermano carnalgive full details of previous illnesseshaga una relación detallada de las enfermedades que haya tenido2.2 (maximum) at full speed it took the full force of the impactrecibió toda la fuerza del impacto2.3 (with all rights)(member)
de pleno derechoExample sentences
- Whether pushing for observer status or full membership, the bid is a difficult one.
- For Marshall, citizenship expresses full membership in the national political community.
- The table tennis centre of excellence at Millthorpe School has been upgraded to full club status by the ETTA.
- This is because pears have to be eaten ripe to get anything like the full range of their taste and texture.
- The police claimed to have full details of their names and residences.
- I do not have the full details of the name of the officer who granted the permit to the individual concerned.
- They will have to publish the full report, so that will put it all in perspective.
- For a fuller description and statistical analysis of these polls, see the website.
- Implementation of the plans is also dependent on a full archeological survey being carried out on the effected area.
- 3 3.1 (rounded)(figure)clothes for the fuller figure [euphemistic]
llenito [colloquial]tallas or (River Plate area) talles grandesfull in the facede cara redonda3.2 (Clothing)(skirt/sleeve)3.3 (billowing)
- It was a pale blue silk dress with a square cut neckline, fitted sleeves and a very full skirt.
- The length of the short should hit the shapeliest part of your leg and not be too full or too tight.
- That's the mainstream style now: sort of fitted at the waist, and fuller in the leg.
- She was a pretty woman, with a slightly pointed face, a small upturned nose, and full ruby-red lips.
- Her own size seven body was full and firm, but it was nowhere as curvaceous as Nicola's.
- He lifted her by the waist, her curves full and voluptuous as he edged her towards the bed.
- 4 (deep, rich)(taste/aroma)
- With two trombonists, they have a characteristic full sound down low on the music scale.
- With a very full sound and varied music mix the lads are sure to go from strength to strength.
- The dynamics are mixed and it builds well but most of the time it's soft and thin or thick and full sound.
- Very clean and full with a biscuity flavour and subtle hints of citrus fruits on the nose.
- She explained that to get the full taste of a whiskey you need to add a little water.
- The full palate is rich in white peaches and not overly aggressive on the mousse which leaves a creamy, lengthy finish.
- 5 (absorbed)full
ofsomethingthey were full of the latest scandalno hacían más que hablar del último escándaloto be full of oneself o of one's own importanceser muy engreído or [colloquial] creído
tenérselo muy creído [colloquial]Example sentences
- She was full of it, spouting out a load of rubbish she probably read in The Sun.
- At the moment he's full of his various building schemes.
- 1 (as intensifier) full wellmuy bienI can see full well that …me doy perfecta cuenta de que …you know full well that …sabes perfectamente or muy bien que …Example sentences
- The queer present negotiates with the past, knowing full well that the future is at stake.
- She understands full well that even when some men are given every option to embrace the role of Mr. Mom, they may still need a push.
- I'm doing what I can but I know full well I could do more.
- 2 (directly) the sun shone full in my faceel sol me daba de lleno en la caraI looked him full in the facelo miré directamente a la caraExample sentences
- Ariadne looked back at the Minotaur, with interest, and laughed ‘full in his face’.
- Instead he planted it full in the solar plexus, lifting the man clear of the floor.
- His pillow missed Gary and hit Will full in the face.
- 3 (in phrases) full onthe car's headlights were full onel coche llevaba las luces largasthe heating is full onla calefacción está al máximo or [colloquial] a topeshe met the problem full onle hizo frente al problemafull out in fullwrite your name in fullescriba su nombre completoit will be paid in fullserá pagado en su totalidadto the fullal máximoto enjoy life to the fulldisfrutar de la vida al máximo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.