Translation of fumble in Spanish:
- 1.1 (grope) See examples: he was fumbling (around o about) in the darkshe fumbled in her pocketsbuscaba algo a tientas y a ciegas en la oscuridadto fumblerevolvió or hurgó en sus bolsillos
forsomethingshe fumbled for the keyholehe fumbled for the right wordsbuscó a tientas la cerradurato fumbletartamudeó, tratando de encontrar las palabras adecuadas withsomethingshe fumbled with her buttonsintentó torpemente abrocharse/desabrocharseExample sentences1.2 (in US football)
- Clumsily fumbling around in his personal possessions with fingers which had fallen half-asleep, the emissary produced a neatly rolled-up paper and handed it over to the scaly hand before him.
- Clumsily, he fumbled around for tissues, but couldn't find any.
- She clumsily opened her book and fumbled around for her pen.
- (ball)(in US football)to fumble one's wayshe fumbled her way across the unlit roomcruzó a tientas la oscura habitaciónExample sentences
- The Crigglestone fullback fumbled the ball allowing Neil Kennedy and Ian Barnes to get their hands on the ball at the same time just before the ball went dead.
- Cody was much less productive, fumbling the ball at crucial times and finding his way into coach Dave McGinnis' doghouse.
- Instead, Curry fumbles the ball slightly, blowing the chance for a dunk.
- (American English) [colloquial](in US football)fumble (masculine)Example sentences
- Finally, have sex when you're awake, not just at the end of the day when it's a quick fumble before you fall asleep.
- She gets two more drinks and a quick fumble with the hunky policeman, who apologises for his insensitivity to the subtleties of the evidence.
- We then proceeded to snog, fumble, grope and rub, until her friends pulled her off onto the dancefloor.
- He registered eight tackles, had two sacks, recovered a fumble and blocked a field goal - all despite being blocked most of the game by a tackle and tight end.
- He registered two sacks, blocked a field goal and recovered a fumble.
- Culpepper made two critical mistakes - a fumble on the goal line and, to a lesser extent, the game-ending interception.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.