Translation of fund in Spanish:
- 1.1 (money reserve) research/charitable fundfondo para la investigación/de beneficenciato set up o start a fundcrear un fondo1.2 (store, supply) an inexhaustible fund of patience/wisdomun caudal or cúmulo inagotable de paciencia/sabiduríaan endless fund of jokesun arsenal or una colección inagotable de chistesExample sentences1.3
also: funds plural(resources, money)fondos (masculine plural)government/public/party fundsfondos gubernamentales/públicos/del partidoto raise fundsrecaudar or reunir fondosI'm a bit low on fundsando mal de fondosto be in fundstener fondos or dineroExample sentences
- He had little pride, though an exceptional fund of passionate integrity.
- But clearly humour, and an appeal to the common fund of historical anecdotes, go a long way.
- So the writer has brought with him a ball, a glove, a bat and a fund of stories.
- Right now, I do not see the funds available to save Social Security and Medicare, and we have to address that.
- Benefits for others who have not yet retired would then have to be reduced to match the shortfall in the level of funds available.
- Difficult decisions will have to be made about which few species can be saved with the limited funds available for conservation.
- The subsidies include direct cash payments, debt payments, and funds for capital projects.
- From now onwards the councils should strive to be up to date on payment of monthly salaries by raising funds from own vast resources.
- The nature of the tax system used to raise funds to finance the debt had altered considerably during the previous century.
- 1.1 (finance)(research/organization)1.2
- By contrast, the citizen scientists would be funded by public money to do just that.
- The money also funded film workshops at secondary schools and colleges across the region.
- The project is funded by a four year grant from regeneration money provided by the government.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.