- 1.1 (money reserve) fondo (masculine) research/charitable fund fondo para la investigación/de beneficencia to set up o start a fund crear un fondo 1.2 (store, supply) caudal (masculine), cúmulo (masculine) an inexhaustible fund of patience/wisdom un caudal or cúmulo inagotable de paciencia/sabiduría an endless fund of jokes un arsenal or una colección inagotable de chistesMore example sentences1.3
(funds plural)(resources, money) fondos (masculine plural) government/public/party funds fondos gubernamentales/públicos/del partido to raise funds recaudar or reunir* fondos I'm a bit low on funds ando mal de fondos to be in funds tener* fondos or dineroMore example sentences
- He had little pride, though an exceptional fund of passionate integrity.
- But clearly humour, and an appeal to the common fund of historical anecdotes, go a long way.
- So the writer has brought with him a ball, a glove, a bat and a fund of stories.
More example sentences
- Right now, I do not see the funds available to save Social Security and Medicare, and we have to address that.
- Benefits for others who have not yet retired would then have to be reduced to match the shortfall in the level of funds available.
- Difficult decisions will have to be made about which few species can be saved with the limited funds available for conservation.
- The subsidies include direct cash payments, debt payments, and funds for capital projects.
- From now onwards the councils should strive to be up to date on payment of monthly salaries by raising funds from own vast resources.
- The nature of the tax system used to raise funds to finance the debt had altered considerably during the previous century.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.