Translation of fund in Spanish:
- 1.1 (money reserve) research/charitable fundto set up o start a fundfondo para la investigación/de beneficencia1.2 (store, supply) an inexhaustible fund of patience/wisdomcrear un fondoan endless fund of jokesun caudal or cúmulo inagotable de paciencia/sabiduríaun arsenal or una colección inagotable de chistesExample sentences1.3
also: funds plural(resources, money)government/public/party fundsfondos (masculine plural)to raise fundsfondos gubernamentales/públicos/del partidoI'm a bit low on fundsrecaudar or reunir fondosto be in fundsando mal de fondostener fondos or dineroExample sentences
- He had little pride, though an exceptional fund of passionate integrity.
- But clearly humour, and an appeal to the common fund of historical anecdotes, go a long way.
- So the writer has brought with him a ball, a glove, a bat and a fund of stories.
- Right now, I do not see the funds available to save Social Security and Medicare, and we have to address that.
- Benefits for others who have not yet retired would then have to be reduced to match the shortfall in the level of funds available.
- Difficult decisions will have to be made about which few species can be saved with the limited funds available for conservation.
- The subsidies include direct cash payments, debt payments, and funds for capital projects.
- From now onwards the councils should strive to be up to date on payment of monthly salaries by raising funds from own vast resources.
- The nature of the tax system used to raise funds to finance the debt had altered considerably during the previous century.
- 1.1 (finance)(research/organization)1.2(debt)Example sentences
- By contrast, the citizen scientists would be funded by public money to do just that.
- The money also funded film workshops at secondary schools and colleges across the region.
- The project is funded by a four year grant from regeneration money provided by the government.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.