Translation of fur in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (of animal) (Zoology)(Clothing)fur-lined leather gloves
piel (feminine)guantes de cuero forrados de pielfake o fun furExample sentences
- Camel hair is from the extremely soft and fine fur from the undercoat of the camel.
- The females in particular were sought after for their fine, soft fur.
- Its fur was soft and fine as she gave it a gentle pat on the head.
- He was also wearing a coat with fur trim on the hood and a beret which had a badge on the front.
- People in towns and cities tend to wear modern clothes made of manufactured cloth, perhaps with fur coats and hats in winter.
- Leather and/or fur hats can look great on older men who want to keep warm while maintaining their refined, polished look.
- 2 countable (pelt)Example sentences
- They were comfortable in the warm southern sunshine, but felt strange to one who had worn nothing but animal skins and furs all his life.
- While it is widely acceptable to object to eating flesh, wearing skins and furs, and sport-hunting of non-human animals, the objection to vivisection is relatively muted in comparison.
- That's why, for much of history, furs and skins from the more aggressive carnivores have been an essential part of the ceremonial dress of kings, emperors and dictators.
- 3 countable (garment)prenda (feminine) de piel or ( (Spain) tb) de pielesExample sentences
- Walk in, and you'll find everything from funky furs to elegant dress coats.
- He used vivid shocking pink dyed furs atop huge enveloping coats.
- He intended to store winter garments and furs for people for a fee.
- 4 uncountable (on tongue)saburra (feminine)I woke up with fur on my tongueme desperté con la lengua sucia or pastosaExample sentences
- Just had a bit of breakfast and I'm now trying to get the fur off my tongue while writing this.
- When the functions of an internal organ are disrupted, the symptoms can be discerned in the complexion, eyes, color, voice and texture of the tongue fur.
- hard water can fur the pipesel agua dura hace que se forme sarro en las tuberíasExample sentences
- Most angina is due to disease of the coronary arteries that results when the arteries fur up with fatty deposits.
- When these arteries fur up with fatty cholesterol deposits, the heart muscle doesn't receive enough blood to work properly.
- Along with obvious risks of heart disease like smoking or being overweight is the danger posed by cholesterol. It is the fatty substance produced in the liver furs up coronary arteries.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.