Translation of furnace in Spanish:
- (in industry) horno (masculine); (for heating) caldera (feminine) it's like a furnace in this room esta habitación es un hornoExample sentences
- Continuous power was required to maintain the temperature in a furnace in which metal was melted.
- Even where old, proven recipes were used, wildly differing results could be obtained depending on the materials and proportions employed and the temperature of the furnace.
- The metals are brought to a suitable temperature in a furnace, and the weld is achieved by hammering or other mechanical pressure.
- These appliances include space heaters, gas ranges and ovens, furnaces, gas water heaters, gas clothes dryers, wood or coal-burning stoves, and fireplaces.
- Fuel burning appliance such as furnaces, hot water heaters, and stoves should be inspected annually and identified any repair problems.
- When installing gas fireplaces, water heaters and furnaces, select appliances with sealed combustion chambers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.