- (in industry) horno (m); (for heating) caldera (f) it's like a furnace in this room esta habitación es un hornoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Continuous power was required to maintain the temperature in a furnace in which metal was melted.
- Even where old, proven recipes were used, wildly differing results could be obtained depending on the materials and proportions employed and the temperature of the furnace.
- The metals are brought to a suitable temperature in a furnace, and the weld is achieved by hammering or other mechanical pressure.
- These appliances include space heaters, gas ranges and ovens, furnaces, gas water heaters, gas clothes dryers, wood or coal-burning stoves, and fireplaces.
- Fuel burning appliance such as furnaces, hot water heaters, and stoves should be inspected annually and identified any repair problems.
- When installing gas fireplaces, water heaters and furnaces, select appliances with sealed combustion chambers.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.