Translation of furnish in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 1.2also: furnished past participle(room/apartment)the house is being let fully furnishedamuebladola casa se alquila con mobiliario completoExample sentences
- They didn't buy any more furniture for the living room or extra bedrooms because furnishing the baby's room was the most important thing on their list.
- In furnishing the house, Rose tended to focus on one room at a time, usually using a different wood for each - ash, oak, cherry, or sycamore.
- Anticipating Emma's return at Christmas, she had begun furnishing a room of the house as a child's nursery.
- 2 (supply) [formal] to furnish somebody
withsomething(with information/details)proporcionarle or facilitarle algo a alguien(with food/weapons)we furnished them with the necessary informationproveer a alguien dealgosuministrarle algo a alguienles proporcionamos or les facilitamos la información necesariaExample sentences
- The chronology section in this volume is less detailed that the one in the Source book but furnishes enough information to allow the reader to grasp the outline of Wesley's biography.
- This ancient Middle Eastern source furnished the basis for classical Greek medical and philosophical theories of hysteria.
- But even yet the discovery of the cholera bacillus is important, as furnishing an aid in diagnosis which would facilitate the detection of the first case occurring in a district, and the adoption of measures to prevent its spread.
- Crawford furnished News Central with typewriters, telephones, teletype machines, office supplies, coffee, and soft drinks, and provided reporters with press kits, passes, and convenient darkroom facilities.
- It furnished them with elegantly prepared meals (in contrast to the work camps, which still oblige laborers to sling their own hash), and it shifted the focus from hard labor to cultural exchange.
- And, of course, it makes the obvious point that, like it or not, we have furnished Al-Quaeda with photos for their recruitment brochures for decades.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to