Translation of furtive in Spanish:
- 1.1 (stealthy)(movement/look)
furtivo(persona)she stole a furtive glance at the clock
solapadomiró disimuladamente el relojExample sentences1.2 (suspicious, shifty)
- For her part, Christine noticed the partially furtive glances, and it saddened her more than she would've cared to admit.
- When their meal arrived, he forgot about them and did not notice the furtive glances the two reclusive men cast their way, although he glanced idly at them when they left the tavern.
- Usually this would prompt me to snort: how about the homosexual church officials who preach this stuff in public while leading furtive double lives?
- The look the officer had given Ian had been furtive, almost guilty, and Ian sensed disapproval in the man's silence.
- Arnold, even as he issues obligatory denials, is, unlike Bill, neither furtive nor guilty.
- There was nothing furtive or nervous about him - it was as if he was perfectly entitled to be there.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.