Translation of fusion in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- 1 (joining metals)Example sentences
- The enthalpy change which occurs when a solid is melted is called the heat of fusion.
- The fusion of silica, heat and glaze transforms the once implacable grey matter into an object d' art.
- Even plastic is often recycled - so-called ‘plastic mechanics’ visit people's houses to repair broken plastics by the simple process of heat fusion.
- 2 (Physics) (nuclear reaction)Example sentences
- They already get a lot of power from nuclear reactors and also are actively engaged in 4th generation nuclear reactor research and fusion reactor research.
- Cold fusion is an attempt to get fusion to occur under less extreme conditions, possibly as a result of chemical reactions.
- However, you must remember that an enormous amount of energy is required in order for these reactions to occur at all - that is why fusion is not yet a practical source of energy.
- 3 (merger)Example sentences
- It was one of those perfect & glorious fusions of youth, girl, car, music, road, sax, cigarettes, sunset and summer.
- As in other sectors of the economy, companies active in food processing and retailing have sought to achieve global weight in a series of mergers and fusions.
- As doo wop did earlier, there seems to be a sustained interest in continuing mergers and fusions today.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.