Translation of gaily in Spanish:
- 1 (cheerfully)(laugh/wave/dance)she was gaily dressedllevaba una ropa muy alegreExample sentences
- Behind them trails the Jumbo Queen, feted by her weighty ladies-in-waiting, waving gaily at the crowd.
- One early morning at an elementary school bus stop, I gaily waved at the visible faces of our future leaders and innovators, children whose dreams and innocence were yet unscathed by disappointment or grim reality.
- I'm flying past cosy cottages with daffodils waving gaily as I zip by.
- 2 (unconcernedly, blithely)(admit/concede)she gaily went on doing itcomo si tal (cosa)siguió haciéndolo como si tal (cosa)siguió haciéndolo tan contenta or [colloquial] tan olímpicaExample sentences
- We have skipped gaily down the yellow brick road towards 50% participation, without ever asking whether it is a good thing for half the population to possess a university degree.
- But why is it some people are the soul of sobriety and never suffer the next day with a hangover, while others can't help behaving badly when the wine is flowing and gaily fling all their inhibitions into the file marked B for bin?
- So you won't be hearing from me until then - assuming that I make it out alive and without that cow disease people caught at Glastonbury after gaily flinging wet dirt at each other for the festival's duration.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than