Translation of Galician in Spanish:
- 1 (person)gallego, (-ga) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- The Galicians are descended from Spain's second wave of Celtic invaders (from the British Isles and western Europe) who came across the Pyrenees mountains in about 400 BC.
- Before the trip to northern Spain for the return leg against the Galicians, Celtic have to face Hibernian on Wednesday night and then Rangers at Ibrox on Saturday.
- Spanish communities in the United States, in keeping with their strong regional identification in Spain, have established centers for Galicians, Asturians, Andalucians, and other such groups.
- 2 (language)Example sentences
- Portuguese is a Romance language that is most closely related to the Spanish dialect Galician.
- Similar examples can also be found in Catalan, Galician, Portuguese, Romanian, Sardinian; and Spanish.
- One of the oddest feature of the cantigas is that, though they were composed and sung at court, their language is provincial Galician - the language subsequently Latinised to constitute the Portuguese of Luís de Camões.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.