Translation of gallant in Spanish:
- 1.1American English: /ˈɡælənt/ British English: /ˈɡal(ə)nt/ (brave) [literary](action/deed)(steed)Example sentences
- Here he once again proved that he was a brave and gallant soldier.
- There was very little separating the players on the day, but it was young Larry who took the honours from a gallant loser Joe.
- The total figure raised by these gallant ladies on their Sit Out Night in aid of Newry Hospice in December amounted to £2,700 and 1,700 euro.
- The room was very gallant with pale yellow walls and a pink ceiling.
nounAmerican English: /ɡəˈlænt/ , /ɡəˈlɑnt/ British English: /ˈɡal(ə)nt/ , /ɡəˈlant/ [archaic or hum]
- 1.1 (suitor)[anticuado o hum]1.2 (chivalrous man)galanteador (masculine)[anticuado o hum]Example sentences
- In the past, great love affairs often began with the judicious dropping of a glove and its recovery by a charming gallant.
- The games of love involve Florinda, who is destined to marry an old rich man or her brother's friend, and Belville, a young gallant who rescues her and wins her heart.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.