Translation of gallant in Spanish:
- 1.1 /ˈgælənt/ (brave) [literary/literario], aguerrido [literary/literario], gallardo [literary/literario]; [action/deed] valiente; [steed] nobleExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 /gəˈlænt/ (chivalrous) galante, cortés
- Here he once again proved that he was a brave and gallant soldier.
- There was very little separating the players on the day, but it was young Larry who took the honours from a gallant loser Joe.
- The total figure raised by these gallant ladies on their Sit Out Night in aid of Newry Hospice in December amounted to £2,700 and 1,700 euro.
- The room was very gallant with pale yellow walls and a pink ceiling.
noun/nombre/ˈgælənt; gəˈlænt/ [archaic or hum]
- 1.1 (suitor) galán (masculine) [anticuado o hum] 1.2 (chivalrous man) galanteador (masculine) [anticuado o hum]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.