Translation of gallant in Spanish:
- 1.1 /ˈgælənt/ (brave) [literary/literario], aguerrido [literary/literario], gallardo [literary/literario]; [action/deed] valiente; [steed] nobleExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 /gəˈlænt/ (chivalrous) galante, cortés
- Here he once again proved that he was a brave and gallant soldier.
- There was very little separating the players on the day, but it was young Larry who took the honours from a gallant loser Joe.
- The total figure raised by these gallant ladies on their Sit Out Night in aid of Newry Hospice in December amounted to £2,700 and 1,700 euro.
- The room was very gallant with pale yellow walls and a pink ceiling.
noun/nombre/ˈgælənt; gəˈlænt/ [archaic or hum]
- 1.1 (suitor) galán (masculine) [anticuado o hum] 1.2 (chivalrous man) galanteador (masculine) [anticuado o hum]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the