Translation of galvanize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (rouse) to galvanize sb (
intosth/ -ing) impulsar a algn ( aalgo/+ infinitive/infinitivo) her threats galvanized him into action sus amenazas lo impulsaron a hacer algoExample sentences1.2 (enthrall) electrizar* 1.3
(galvanizing present participle/participio presente)[effect/performance] electrizante
- No sense of shock galvanizes the audience when we witness the details of her murder before he learns of it.
- But by galvanizing Americans around hydrogen fuel cell cars and retrofitting American gas stations to carry hydrogen, he offers a practical way to counter the financial power of terrorism.
- As your job in the United Nations Humanitarian Agency, it's your job to galvanize the people, to get their attention, to get them to take the money out of their pocket.
- 2 2.1 [iron/steel] galvanizar* 2.2(galvanized past participle of/participio pasado de)[iron/sheeting] galvanizadoExample sentences
- The primary use of zinc is in galvanizing other metals, especially iron and steel.
- Zinc is used largely to galvanise iron and steel.
- Gutters on older homes may be wood, galvanized sheet metal, or copper.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas