Translation of galvanize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (rouse) to galvanize sb (
intosth/ -ing) impulsar a algn ( aalgo/+ infinitive/infinitivo) her threats galvanized him into action sus amenazas lo impulsaron a hacer algoExample sentences1.2 (enthrall) electrizar* 1.3
(galvanizing present participle/participio presente)[effect/performance] electrizante
- No sense of shock galvanizes the audience when we witness the details of her murder before he learns of it.
- But by galvanizing Americans around hydrogen fuel cell cars and retrofitting American gas stations to carry hydrogen, he offers a practical way to counter the financial power of terrorism.
- As your job in the United Nations Humanitarian Agency, it's your job to galvanize the people, to get their attention, to get them to take the money out of their pocket.
- 2 2.1 [iron/steel] galvanizar* 2.2(galvanized past participle of/participio pasado de)[iron/sheeting] galvanizadoExample sentences
- The primary use of zinc is in galvanizing other metals, especially iron and steel.
- Zinc is used largely to galvanise iron and steel.
- Gutters on older homes may be wood, galvanized sheet metal, or copper.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the