Translation of galvanize in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (rouse)to galvanize somebody (
intosomething/ -ing)impulsar a alguien (her threats galvanized him into action aalgo/+ infinitive)sus amenazas lo impulsaron a hacer algoExample sentences1.2 (enthrall) 1.3
also: galvanizing present participle(effect/performance)
- No sense of shock galvanizes the audience when we witness the details of her murder before he learns of it.
- But by galvanizing Americans around hydrogen fuel cell cars and retrofitting American gas stations to carry hydrogen, he offers a practical way to counter the financial power of terrorism.
- As your job in the United Nations Humanitarian Agency, it's your job to galvanize the people, to get their attention, to get them to take the money out of their pocket.
- 2 2.1(iron/steel)2.2
galvanizaralso: galvanized past participle of(iron/sheeting)
- The primary use of zinc is in galvanizing other metals, especially iron and steel.
- Zinc is used largely to galvanise iron and steel.
- Gutters on older homes may be wood, galvanized sheet metal, or copper.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.