- 1.1 (stratagem) táctica (feminine) a conversational o opening gambit una táctica para entablar conversaciónMore example sentences1.2 (in chess) gambito (masculine)
More example sentences
- The Australians believe it is a psychological gambit to use and gain advantage over the opposition.
- The loser of this copycat election will lament all the strategic gambits that fell short in the end.
- Assign your staff to build the sort of book on Russert's techniques, rhetorical gambits, and political obsessions that you'd want going into a debate with an opposing candidate.
- By the time I was an ‘A’ player, gambits including the Smith-Morra were fully appreciated.
- True fans of the gambit should consider this a challenge.
- This book is geared toward the average player, but there is no discussion of gambit tries by white.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The National Police (Policía Nacional) was set up in Spain in 1976. Its members patrol provincial capitals and big cities, which are responsible for its finance, administration, and recruitment. Although armed, it has never been considered a repressive force, unlike the