- 1.1 (stratagem) táctica (f) a conversational o opening gambit una táctica para entablar conversaciónMore example sentences1.2 (in chess) gambito (m)
More example sentences
- The Australians believe it is a psychological gambit to use and gain advantage over the opposition.
- The loser of this copycat election will lament all the strategic gambits that fell short in the end.
- Assign your staff to build the sort of book on Russert's techniques, rhetorical gambits, and political obsessions that you'd want going into a debate with an opposing candidate.
- By the time I was an ‘A’ player, gambits including the Smith-Morra were fully appreciated.
- True fans of the gambit should consider this a challenge.
- This book is geared toward the average player, but there is no discussion of gambit tries by white.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Each of the 55 different administrative areas into which Spain is divided is called a provincia. Each provincia includes a main city or town, sometimes more, depending on its social and economic power. The provincial capital usually has the same name as the province.