Translation of gambit in Spanish:
- 1.1 (stratagem) táctica (feminine) a conversational o opening gambit una táctica para entablar conversaciónExample sentences1.2 (in chess) gambito (masculine)
- The Australians believe it is a psychological gambit to use and gain advantage over the opposition.
- The loser of this copycat election will lament all the strategic gambits that fell short in the end.
- Assign your staff to build the sort of book on Russert's techniques, rhetorical gambits, and political obsessions that you'd want going into a debate with an opposing candidate.
- By the time I was an ‘A’ player, gambits including the Smith-Morra were fully appreciated.
- True fans of the gambit should consider this a challenge.
- This book is geared toward the average player, but there is no discussion of gambit tries by white.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the