Translation of gang in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of criminals)Example sentences1.2 (of youths)
Example sentences1.3 (of workmen)
- Former military figures have been implicated in drug trafficking and kidnappings by organized criminal gangs.
- In its most dangerous form, it can include the organized activities of predator gangs, criminal groups, and drug trafficking networks.
- They are often suspected of being criminals from organized gangs.
Example sentences1.4 (of children) 1.5 (clique) [colloquial] the same old gang running things
- He goes from James Brown to Philip Glass In The Commitments, I decided I wanted to bring a gang of young people together.
- Pulling out of Queen's Park, heading towards Maida Vale through the smart terraces, it was all very nice, until at the Harrow Road a big gang of bus enthusiasts came on.
- He was worried about the availability of toilet facilities and electricity for the gang.
el grupito de siempre dirigiendo el cotarro [colloquial]
- This shopkeeper takes me to see a former government official who was tasked with beating tribals used for road gangs in the Karen state, in far eastern Burma.
- After a spell on the road gangs, some thirty more were sent for several years to the coal mines at Newcastle, reopened for them.
- The road gang's contract was abruptly cancelled as Arthur's Pass became the preferred route through to the coast.
- (join forces)
- (unite in opposition) [colloquial]to gang up
(gather) juntarse en pandillas
los chicos de mi clase la tienen tomada conmigo [colloquial]the press seems to have ganged up against them
la prensa parece estar confabulada contra ellos
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.