Translation of gangway in Spanish:
- 1 (walkway — on ship) pasarela (feminine); (— on building site) pasarela (feminine) gangway! ¡abran paso!Example sentences
- As they dig amid the rubble, recovery workers are uncovering corridors and gangways that lead to the cavernous vaults below.
- On 2 July 1994 a 6-year-old boy fell off a gangway leading to a viewing platform on a New Zealand Rail train.
- Because shadows on the riverbed can disrupt underwater ecology, the gangways and above-surface portions of the pool wall may be made of Plexiglas.
- Local interest was further evident when the ship opened her gangway to the public.
- However, the metal gangway which joined ship to shore was badly damaged and cadets have been busy repairing it.
- The ship's company, resplendent in white, marched onboard and cheered ship, before CMDR Sammut was piped across the gangway for the first time.
- 2 (between rows of seats) (British English/inglés británico) pasillo (masculine)Example sentences
- The action takes place on an express train and a special set giving the impression of interior coaches was erected in the gangway of the theatre, with the audience seated on either side.
- By late 1945, when I was transferred to the North Atlantic route, the Liberator had elementary heating and two rows of seats with a central gangway, but still no steward.
- None of which saved me from a hand down my trousers after I was hauled aside for a random check on the gangway leading to the aircraft.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.