- 1 (walkway — on ship) pasarela (feminine); (— on building site) pasarela (feminine) gangway! ¡abran paso!More example sentences
More example sentences
- As they dig amid the rubble, recovery workers are uncovering corridors and gangways that lead to the cavernous vaults below.
- On 2 July 1994 a 6-year-old boy fell off a gangway leading to a viewing platform on a New Zealand Rail train.
- Because shadows on the riverbed can disrupt underwater ecology, the gangways and above-surface portions of the pool wall may be made of Plexiglas.
- Local interest was further evident when the ship opened her gangway to the public.
- However, the metal gangway which joined ship to shore was badly damaged and cadets have been busy repairing it.
- The ship's company, resplendent in white, marched onboard and cheered ship, before CMDR Sammut was piped across the gangway for the first time.
- 2 (between rows of seats) (British English/inglés británico) pasillo (masculine)More example sentences
- The action takes place on an express train and a special set giving the impression of interior coaches was erected in the gangway of the theatre, with the audience seated on either side.
- By late 1945, when I was transferred to the North Atlantic route, the Liberator had elementary heating and two rows of seats with a central gangway, but still no steward.
- None of which saved me from a hand down my trousers after I was hauled aside for a random check on the gangway leading to the aircraft.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.