- 1.1 [Zoology/Zoología] alcatraz (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (person) tragón, (masculine, feminine) [colloquial/familiar]
More example sentences
- Here, you can watch seabirds such as gannets and puffins up close - or stay inside and watch live videos, using remote control television cameras, from the nearby seabird colonies.
- While there are few wild animals in Iceland, there is abundant birdlife - ducks, geese and, among the many sea-birds I spotted, petrels, puffins, tern, gannets, skuas and shearwaters.
- Usually you can expect to see great numbers of pelagic birds - gannets, shearwaters, jaegers, storm-petrels, alcids - that live mainly at sea.
- Do you find yourself saying "I shouldn't eat that, but I'm such a gannet that I'm going to"?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.