- 1.1 [Zoology/Zoología] alcatraz (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (person) tragón, (masculine, feminine) [colloquial/familiar]
More example sentences
- Here, you can watch seabirds such as gannets and puffins up close - or stay inside and watch live videos, using remote control television cameras, from the nearby seabird colonies.
- While there are few wild animals in Iceland, there is abundant birdlife - ducks, geese and, among the many sea-birds I spotted, petrels, puffins, tern, gannets, skuas and shearwaters.
- Usually you can expect to see great numbers of pelagic birds - gannets, shearwaters, jaegers, storm-petrels, alcids - that live mainly at sea.
- Do you find yourself saying "I shouldn't eat that, but I'm such a gannet that I'm going to"?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.