Translation of gape in Spanish:
- 1(person) (react with astonishment)quedarse boquiabierto or con la boca abierta(stare)don't just stand there gapingmirar boquiabiertoto gapeno te quedes ahí con la boca abierta
atsomethingshe gaped in astonishment at the newsse quedó boquiabierta al oír la noticiaExample sentences
- Her bluish eyes were wide with shock as her mouth gaped at the sight of me.
- We all gasped putting our hands over our mouths as we gaped at the scene in front of us.
- They gaped at him, their mouths slightly open, then simultaneously bolted for the basement door to the outside.
- 2 (be open)the curtains gaped openestar abiertolas cortinas estaban abiertasExample sentences
- If you're really lucky a Central Line train will already be standing there waiting with its doors gaping open.
- In spite of widespread statutory reform, legal loopholes gaped wide open at midcentury.
- A huge hole gaped in the roof, and a conservatory was shattered.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the