Translation of garage in Spanish:
- 1 countable (for parking) bus garageterminal (feminine) or (Chile) (masculine) or estación (feminine) de autobusesExample sentences
- Ensure all doors and windows are secured and buildings like sheds, garages and outhouses have good quality locks and even alarms fitted.
- We built office buildings, parking garages, and prisons.
- Many fires started when lava ignited gasoline stored in buildings and garages in this eastern Congo town.
- 2 countable 2.1 (for repairs) (before noun) garage mechanicmecánico, (-ca) (masculine, feminine)2.2 (for fuel)(British English)
estación (feminine) de servicioExample sentences
- But perhaps the main reason why most people shy away from LPG conversions is that it is sometimes difficult to find a garage that sells the fuel.
- The study in France found a link between cases of acute leukaemia among youngsters and how close they lived to a petrol station or a garage carrying out car repairs.
- The garage is selling petrol at 97.9 cent per litre.
- 3 uncountable (Music) (before noun) garage band/rockbanda (feminine) /rock (masculine) (de) garageExample sentences
- After literally half an hour The Kills left the stage but in such a short time they had certainly convinced the audience that they are not just another garage rock band looking to make a fast buck on the style bandwagon.
- Its rough and edgy production makes the record sound perfect for the demented brand of new wave garage rock the band were practicing at the time.
- Nearly three years ago, they had hopped on the Whites Stripes wagon of American garage rock under a band name of Pavor.
- The number of pirate stations has doubled in 10 years, finding audiences for otherwise neglected music such as UK garage and drum 'n' bass, or using £400 homemade transmitters to spread anarchist or black-power propaganda.
- Ska, dub, house, drum and bass, hip hop and UK garage have all been thrown in to The Streets' sampler for processing and rearrangement.
- So it's perfectly natural that modern production will incorporate quality blends of R & B, soul and garage with positive results.
dejar/meter en el garaje or (especially Latin America) garage(plane)
dejar/meter en el hangarExample sentences
- During the trial period the test car was not garaged, but exposed to moderately cold Michigan weather and one light snowfall.
- Sadly it seems that unless your car is garaged overnight you may, in future, have to take a quick peek at the front of your motor each morning to check that all is well.
- She let her employment contract run out, rented out her house and garaged the car.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.