- 1 c (for parking) garaje (m), garage (m) (esp AmL) bus garage terminal (f) or (Chi) (m) or estación (f) de autobusesMore example sentences
- Ensure all doors and windows are secured and buildings like sheds, garages and outhouses have good quality locks and even alarms fitted.
- We built office buildings, parking garages, and prisons.
- Many fires started when lava ignited gasoline stored in buildings and garages in this eastern Congo town.
- 2 c 2.1 (for repairs) taller (m) (mecánico), garaje (m), garage (m) (esp AmL) (before n) garage mechanic mecánico, -ca (m,f) 2.2 (for fuel) (BrE) estación (f) de servicioMore example sentences
- But perhaps the main reason why most people shy away from LPG conversions is that it is sometimes difficult to find a garage that sells the fuel.
- The study in France found a link between cases of acute leukaemia among youngsters and how close they lived to a petrol station or a garage carrying out car repairs.
- The garage is selling petrol at 97.9 cent per litre.
- 3 u [Mus] (before n) garage band/rock banda (f)/rock (m) (de) garageMore example sentences
More example sentences
- After literally half an hour The Kills left the stage but in such a short time they had certainly convinced the audience that they are not just another garage rock band looking to make a fast buck on the style bandwagon.
- Its rough and edgy production makes the record sound perfect for the demented brand of new wave garage rock the band were practicing at the time.
- Nearly three years ago, they had hopped on the Whites Stripes wagon of American garage rock under a band name of Pavor.
- The number of pirate stations has doubled in 10 years, finding audiences for otherwise neglected music such as UK garage and drum 'n' bass, or using £400 homemade transmitters to spread anarchist or black-power propaganda.
- Ska, dub, house, drum and bass, hip hop and UK garage have all been thrown in to The Streets' sampler for processing and rearrangement.
- So it's perfectly natural that modern production will incorporate quality blends of R & B, soul and garage with positive results.
- [car] dejar/meter en el garaje or (esp AmL) garage; [plane] dejar/meter en el hangarMore example sentences
- During the trial period the test car was not garaged, but exposed to moderately cold Michigan weather and one light snowfall.
- Sadly it seems that unless your car is garaged overnight you may, in future, have to take a quick peek at the front of your motor each morning to check that all is well.
- She let her employment contract run out, rented out her house and garaged the car.