Translation of garbage in Spanish:
- 1 (US) (refuse) (before noun) garbage chutevertedor (masculine) de la basuraducto (masculine) de la basura (Uruguay)garbage disposal unitExample sentences
- Americans are right to refuse truckloads of garbage that contain biomedical waste and radioactive material.
- It has a chronic waste problem with garbage and sewerage littering the edges of the coral reef that forms the island.
- People living along the river banks admit that they always dump the waste into the river as there is no garbage dump in the neighborhood.
- 2 (worthless things) [colloquial]a load of old garbageun montón de cachivaches or de porqueríasthis book is absolute garbageeste libro es una auténtica porqueríathey say she's going, but that's garbagedicen que se va, pero son puras estupideces [colloquial]dicen que se va, pero son puras macanas (Río de la Plata) [colloquial]Example sentences
- I figured this idea was garbage, and that he was too much of an egomaniac to base his movies on anyone else's work but his.
- Try to copy a short-cut with a right click, and you'll get meaningless garbage.
- It took an awfully long time, though, and my computer is full of garbage.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.