Translation of garden in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (for ornamental plants) front/back garden (especially British English)jardín del frente/de atrás or del fondoKent is the garden of EnglandKent es el vergel de Inglaterrathe Garden of Edenel Paraíso TerrenalGarden of Remembrance
el (Jardín del) EdénJardín (masculine) del recuerdorose garden everything in the garden is lovely o rosy (British English)
Parque (masculine) del recuerdo (Latin America)todo marcha a las mil maravillas(before noun) garden chairsilla (feminine) de jardíngarden furniture garden hosemanguera (feminine) para regargarden seatbanco (masculine) or (Mexico) banca (feminine) de jardíngarden shearstijeras (feminine plural) de jardíngarden wastedesechos (masculine plural) de jardínExample sentences1.2 (for vegetables) (before noun) garden produce
frutas (feminine plural) y verduras (feminine plural) de la huerta
- What if you don't want to give up space in the flower garden to grow fruit, or if your soil is too poor?
- The patch of ground she was sweeping is now a smart lawn rimmed with flowers and a vegetable garden.
- To extend the growing season, he said his students also grow flowers in the garden's border.
- 2also: gardens plural(public, on private estate)jardines (masculine plural)botanical gardens
parque (masculine)Example sentences
- The water department is trying to recycle these sources of waste water for further use, such as watering parks and public gardens or street-cleaning.
- We've got a beautiful arboretum and gorgeous public gardens and a world class aquarium and nature trails and historical mansions.
- Private gardens, public parks, tall avenue trees, lake and ponds; these are the features of Bangalore than multiplexes and neon signs.
- trabajar en el jardín
jardinear (Chile) [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.