Translation of garrison in Spanish:
- 1.1 (place) plaza (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (troops) guarnición (feminine)
- Three parts of the building's walls have been unearthed during excavations at the garrison, giving archaeologists enough information to map out the route of the 940-metre circuit.
- When you consider we're building 3,000 homes at the garrison, you start to realise it makes very good economical sense.
- Sensing an impending emergency, he went to his headquarters on Merdeka Square, just beside the Jakarta garrison.
- The garrisons - native troops commanded by British officers - held out and were relieved after a week of day and night assaults.
- In what towns are the largest garrisons stationed?
- The additional garrisons, Filipino troops, and effective use of the Navy all were important to expanding the reach of American military power.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.