- 1.1 (place) plaza (feminine)More example sentences1.2 (troops) guarnición (feminine)
More example sentences
- Three parts of the building's walls have been unearthed during excavations at the garrison, giving archaeologists enough information to map out the route of the 940-metre circuit.
- When you consider we're building 3,000 homes at the garrison, you start to realise it makes very good economical sense.
- Sensing an impending emergency, he went to his headquarters on Merdeka Square, just beside the Jakarta garrison.
- The garrisons - native troops commanded by British officers - held out and were relieved after a week of day and night assaults.
- In what towns are the largest garrisons stationed?
- The additional garrisons, Filipino troops, and effective use of the Navy all were important to expanding the reach of American military power.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.