- 1 1.1 (around calf, thigh) liga (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (on belt, girdle) (American English/inglés norteamericano) liga (feminine) 1.3 (around arm) liga (feminine)
- Suave and a touch oily, the magician, all in black with a red-lined cape and red cummerbund, passes his hoop around a young woman in a black corset, garters and stockings who levitates within a shaft of light.
- To complement all of this, Cinders carries a wonderful range of accessories, shoes, veils, tiaras, feathers, stockings and garters.
- Common gifts were jewels, gloves, silk stockings, flowers, garters, handkerchiefs, and paperweights.
More example sentences
- She wore cream colored stockings held up with garters from her corset.
- Olivia could only laugh as she hooked her stockings onto the garters.
- In the practice room, Kirby had changed into a satin corset with garters that held up ivory stockings.
- He had a handle bar mustache and still wore garters on his sleeves.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.