- 1 1.1 (around calf, thigh) liga (f)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (on belt, girdle) (AmE) liga (f) 1.3 (around arm) liga (f)
- Suave and a touch oily, the magician, all in black with a red-lined cape and red cummerbund, passes his hoop around a young woman in a black corset, garters and stockings who levitates within a shaft of light.
- To complement all of this, Cinders carries a wonderful range of accessories, shoes, veils, tiaras, feathers, stockings and garters.
- Common gifts were jewels, gloves, silk stockings, flowers, garters, handkerchiefs, and paperweights.
More example sentences
- She wore cream colored stockings held up with garters from her corset.
- Olivia could only laugh as she hooked her stockings onto the garters.
- In the practice room, Kirby had changed into a satin corset with garters that held up ivory stockings.
- He had a handle bar mustache and still wore garters on his sleeves.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.