- 1.1 c (light fitting) lámpara (f) de gasMore example sentences1.2 u (illumination) luz (f) de gas to read by gaslight leer* a la luz de una lámpara de gas
More example sentences
- Street gaslights add their glow to the swimming moonshine and are reflected in the siren's diamond coronet and huge dark eyes that know the secrets of the deep.
- As paved roads, the telegraph, telephone lines, gaslights, and electric lines caused the city to change, so did the CPD.
- In 1878, he established Edison Electric Light Company and announced plans to invent safe electric lights to take the place of Shanghai's dangerous gaslights.
- The same decade saw the foundation of the South Kensington Museum, endowed with an exemplary collection for craftsmen to learn from, and soon lit by gaslight in order to encourage working people to visit the collections in the evening.
- ‘Van Gogh mentioned in his letters that his paintings looked different in daylight and gaslight,’ said Bluhm.
- The first public gas company in the world was set up in London in 1812, and Westminster Bridge was the first public thoroughfare to be illuminated by gaslight.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.