Translation of gateway in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (Archit) verja (feminine), portalón (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (means of access) puerta (feminine) Bombay, gateway to India Bombay, puerta de entrada a la India she saw this as the gateway to stardom pensó que esto le abriría las puertas al estrellato, pensó que esto sería su pasaporte al estrellato
- During these months, Wright's original vision of ornamental concrete arched gateways scaled to frame the auditorium became steel bridges on columns subordinate in size to the auditorium.
- The gateway frames part of the curving balustrade, helping to point the way to the front door.
- Through the arch of the inner gateway mined buildings are visible, scattered across a grassy plateau with the citadel on higher ground at the far end.
- What is life to someone who wishes that death was a gateway to paradise and that life is just a journey of hardships?
- This book - several feet high - is the gateway, literally by way of a hidden passage, to the next section, The Dragon's Hand.
- The gateway course also provides a route in to higher education for those seeking a change in direction in terms of their career path.
- 2 [Computing/Informática] pasarela (feminine), puerta (feminine), entrada (feminine)Example sentences
- All that we had was a customer that had two different gateways, two different internet connections; if one were to fail they would switch to the other one.
- Implementing security at the internet gateway can block phishing email and sites.
- The company also offers packaged Internet devices and Ethernet gateways.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a