Translation of gear in Spanish:
- 1 (Mechanics) to engage first/second gearponer or meter (la) primera/segundato shift o (British English) change gear production must move into a higher gear to meet demandhabrá que acelerar la producción para poder satisfacer la demandait's in gear/out of gearestá engranado/en punto muertoit jumped out of gearsaltó la marcha or el cambioour schedule was thrown out of gear when she leftse nos desbarató el plan de trabajo cuando ella se fue(before noun) gear cablecable (masculine) del cambio (de marchas)Example sentences
- The aim of nanotechnology is to manipulate molecules atom by atom, treating them like mechanical devices with gears, wheels, levers, hooks, pivots, locks and keys.
- This process is, of course, generally used on the larger castings and was originally introduced for the production of gears, worm wheels and cored bars.
- The spacing of the gears allows engine speeds to be reduced and the torque curve to be better exploited.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (equipment)(tools) herramientas (feminine plural)also: fishing gearaparejo (masculine) de pescaExample sentences2.2 (miscellaneous items) [colloquial]
cosas (feminine plural)bártulos (masculine plural) [colloquial]Example sentences
- To make shopping easy, the company arranges its catalog according to clothing, accessories, gear, and gifts.
- A few weeks after they'd gone missing, some of their personal dive gear washed up on a beach 75 miles from the dive site.
- They caught five poachers, equipped with modern rappelling gear, in possession of six bags of bird nests.
- He expanded his clothing line from basketball gear to lifestyle wear.
- So the crumpled, unshaven look is strictly last season and those who are with it are found in designer gear and sports shoes.
- As it was, he was also wearing his travelling gear, painfully bright clothing that stood out a mile against his dark skin.
- 1 (orient) we are gearing our business increasingly toward the export marketestamos orientando nuestro negocio cada vez más hacia las exportaciones(to be) geared
to/ towardsomethingdesigns geared to the younger generationdiseños (masculine plural) para los más jóvenesour policy is geared to o toward achieving this aimnuestra política está dirigida or encaminada a lograr este objetivothe course is geared to suit their needsel curso ha sido planeado or está pensado teniendo en cuenta sus necesidades particulares
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.