Translation of genealogy in Spanish:
- 1.1 (subject)Example sentences1.2 (ancestry)
- Like the heritage movement and the study of genealogy and local history, which underwent a similar boom, the new museums reflected a desire, not merely to learn about the past, but to re-enter it imaginatively.
- A debate on Radio Five this week focused on the incredible growth in the popularity of genealogy - the study of family trees.
- Like the swarms of people who flock to Web sites devoted to the study of genealogy, company owners who fall into their life's work through happenstance or inheritance may feel rootless, even disaffected.
- Members of the caste keep family records and can trace a genealogy to a clan's mythical ancestors.
- The earliest surviving poems in old Irish are also praise poems, called fursundud, which trace back the genealogy of the kings of Ireland to Golamh or Mile Easpain, whose sons landed in Ireland at the end of the second millennium bce.
- It is hoped that these images will help families to trace their genealogies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.