Translation of generation in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (people of similar age) the postwar generationla generación de la posguerrathe older generationla gente de más edadshe belongs to a different generationes de otra generaciónExample sentences1.2 (in families) second-/third-generation Americans
estadounidenses de segunda/tercera generaciónExample sentences1.3 (type) a new generation of civil servants/politicians
- But the anti-capitalist movement represents, above all, the entry of a new generation into political activity.
- His appearance as Hamlet at the Old Vic Theatre in London established him as one of the most talented actors of his generation, ideally suited to the great Shakespearean roles.
- It launched the careers of a new generation of Scottish actors.
una nueva generación de funcionarios/políticosfirst-/fifth-generation computerscomputadoras (feminine plural) de primera/quinta generación1.4 (length of time)
- That dining table is a place where mom's going to prepare the Thanksgiving Dinner for two or three generations of family members and share and create memories.
- Over 50 family members from three generations crowded in for the party.
- Mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters, family members of all generations have been lost.
( (Spain) tb) ordenadores (masculine plural) de primera/quinta generaciónExample sentences
- Substantial urban change is generally expected to span prolonged periods: decades, generations, centuries.
- Even as courts have, over the past two generations, grown more dismissive of hunches, there has been a counter-revolution in the cognitive sciences.
- Do foods produced from today's high-yield crops have the same nutritional quality as those grown in generations past?
- 2 uncountable (act of generating)Example sentences
- Oil was in turn followed by gas, increasingly used for electricity generation, which brought power and light to households throughout the world.
- With the higher demand last year, he said its power plants had used less natural gas in electricity generation.
- The main example I chose was the use of nuclear power for electricity generation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.