Translation of generation in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (people of similar age) generación (feminine) the postwar generation la generación de la posguerra the older generation la gente de más edad she belongs to a different generation es de otra generación 1.2 (in families) generación (feminine) second-/third-generation Americans estadounidenses de segunda/tercera generaciónExample sentences1.3 (type) generación (feminine) a new generation of civil servants/politicians una nueva generación de funcionarios/políticos first-/fifth-generation computers computadoras (feminine plural) or (in Spain also/en España también) ordenadores (masculine plural) de primera/quinta generación
Example sentences1.4 (length of time) generación (feminine)
- That dining table is a place where mom's going to prepare the Thanksgiving Dinner for two or three generations of family members and share and create memories.
- Over 50 family members from three generations crowded in for the party.
- Mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters, family members of all generations have been lost.
- But the anti-capitalist movement represents, above all, the entry of a new generation into political activity.
- His appearance as Hamlet at the Old Vic Theatre in London established him as one of the most talented actors of his generation, ideally suited to the great Shakespearean roles.
- It launched the careers of a new generation of Scottish actors.
- Substantial urban change is generally expected to span prolonged periods: decades, generations, centuries.
- Even as courts have, over the past two generations, grown more dismissive of hunches, there has been a counter-revolution in the cognitive sciences.
- Do foods produced from today's high-yield crops have the same nutritional quality as those grown in generations past?
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (act of generating) generación (feminine)Example sentences
- Oil was in turn followed by gas, increasingly used for electricity generation, which brought power and light to households throughout the world.
- With the higher demand last year, he said its power plants had used less natural gas in electricity generation.
- The main example I chose was the use of nuclear power for electricity generation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the