Translation of generous in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (open-handed)(contribution)he's very generous to his children
generosoes muy generoso con sus hijoshe must have been in a generous mood!¡debía sentirse de lo más generoso or dadivoso!she's generous to a faultpeca de excesivamente generosayour gift was more than generous
es generosa en extremotu regalo fue realmente espléndidoto be generous
withsomethingshe is generous with her moneyes muy generosa or desprendida con el dineroshe's very generous with her criticismcuando se trata de criticar, no se queda cortahe wasn't exactly generous with the rumno fue precisamente espléndido con el ronfor a superb dessert, be generous with the sherrysi quiere un postre realmente espléndido, no escatime el jerezI have been too generous with the saltme pasé con la sal
se me fue la mano con la salExample sentences1.2 (gracious)
- She was incredibly generous with her money, showering those she loved with gifts.
- Nothing wrong ever came of being generous with your money, and he had enough to share.
- He is generous with his time and money, and a principled and loyal friend.
- Those who wanted to attain success ought to be generous and well disposed towards others.
- We had a wonderful time and his family and friends were kind and generous toward me.
- To her family she was a loving, kind-hearted and generous mother and grandmother.
- 2 (ample, large) a generous cup of flouruna taza bien colmada de harinaa woman of generous proportions [euphemistic]una mujer de generosas or amplias proporciones [euphemistic]Example sentences
- Add a generous seasoning of Maldon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and they're ready to serve.
- Add in the parsley, salt and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper and toss.
- Sprinkle, as you go, with generous pinches of flaky sea salt and vigorous twists of freshly ground black pepper.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.