- 1 countable/numerable(plural geniuses)1.1 (clever person) genio (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (powerful influence) an evil genius una influencia maligna
- It was indeed the activity of the geniuses, of the masters of their craft, that made the rules.
- It is, after all, the biggest country on earth with a colossal roll-call of intellectual and artistic geniuses.
- This Valentine's Day, for the first time, the two musical geniuses are coming together.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1 (brilliance) genialidad (feminine) a man/work of genius un hombre/una obra genial 2.2 (gift) she has a genius for music tiene talento para la música he has a genius for saying the right thing tiene la habilidad or el don de decir lo apropiado en toda situaciónMore example sentences
- It was this man who, in 1799, combined a passion for power with his genius for leadership.
- The player is valued by his ability to play with skill, courage, commitment, genius, flair, strength and legitimate aggression.
- Their affiliation does not spring from supposed gifts of natural genius.
- 3 countable/numerable(plural genii)3.1 (spirit) genio (masculine) 3.2 (essential nature) [literary/literario] genio (masculine) [literary/literario], carácter (masculine)More example sentences
- Few people today would have difficulty recognizing in Haydon the outlines of a new social character - the romantic genius.
- Does democracy suit the genius of our two peoples, where votes are cast/obtained for considerations other than merit and manifestos?
- Secularism suits the genius of a multi-religious, multi-caste and multi-lingual country like India best.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.