Translation of genius in Spanish:
- 1 countablealso: plural geniuses1.1 (clever person)Example sentences1.2 (powerful influence) See examples: an evil genius
una influencia maligna
- It was indeed the activity of the geniuses, of the masters of their craft, that made the rules.
- It is, after all, the biggest country on earth with a colossal roll-call of intellectual and artistic geniuses.
- This Valentine's Day, for the first time, the two musical geniuses are coming together.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (brilliance) a man/work of genius2.2 (gift) See examples: she has a genius for music he has a genius for saying the right thingun hombre/una obra genialtiene la habilidad or el don de decir lo apropiado en toda situaciónExample sentences
- It was this man who, in 1799, combined a passion for power with his genius for leadership.
- The player is valued by his ability to play with skill, courage, commitment, genius, flair, strength and legitimate aggression.
- Their affiliation does not spring from supposed gifts of natural genius.
- 3 countablealso: plural genii3.1 (spirit) 3.2 (essential nature) [literary]Example sentences
- Few people today would have difficulty recognizing in Haydon the outlines of a new social character - the romantic genius.
- Does democracy suit the genius of our two peoples, where votes are cast/obtained for considerations other than merit and manifestos?
- Secularism suits the genius of a multi-religious, multi-caste and multi-lingual country like India best.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the