Translation of genius in Spanish:
- 1 countableplural geniuses1.1 (clever person)Example sentences1.2 (powerful influence) an evil genius
una influencia maligna
- It was indeed the activity of the geniuses, of the masters of their craft, that made the rules.
- It is, after all, the biggest country on earth with a colossal roll-call of intellectual and artistic geniuses.
- This Valentine's Day, for the first time, the two musical geniuses are coming together.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (brilliance) a man/work of geniusun hombre/una obra genialExample sentences2.2 (gift) she has a genius for music he has a genius for saying the right thing
tiene la habilidad or el don de decir lo apropiado en toda situación
- It was this man who, in 1799, combined a passion for power with his genius for leadership.
- The player is valued by his ability to play with skill, courage, commitment, genius, flair, strength and legitimate aggression.
- Their affiliation does not spring from supposed gifts of natural genius.
- 3 countableplural genii3.1 (spirit)Example sentences3.2 (essential nature) [literary]
genio (masculine) [literary]
- Few people today would have difficulty recognizing in Haydon the outlines of a new social character - the romantic genius.
- Does democracy suit the genius of our two peoples, where votes are cast/obtained for considerations other than merit and manifestos?
- Secularism suits the genius of a multi-religious, multi-caste and multi-lingual country like India best.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.