Translation of gentleman in Spanish:
noun plural gentlemenPronunciation: /-mən/
- 1 1.1 (man) there's a gentleman here to see youhay un caballero or un señor que desea verloladies and gentlemen (as form of address) GentlemenCaballerosExample sentences1.2 (well-bred man) he's a perfect gentleman
es un perfecto caballero or es todo un caballeroa gentleman's agreementun pacto de caballerosExample sentences
- On this woman's right, on the other side of the table from Stanson, two older English-looking gentlemen sat quietly.
- On the bus on my way home, I was very polite to an elderly gentleman by offering him my side of the seat where he'd be more comfortable.
- In addition, instead of fashionably dressed young ladies stationed at the gate to usher in the movie-goers, formally attired old gentlemen will be assigned to do the job.
- He was always the perfect gentleman, courteous and kind in his dealings with others.
- ‘He was an honourable man and a gentleman and brightened every room with his presence,’ his older brother Keenan last night said.
- I'd like to point out that I was the perfect gentlemen throughout, and my question was as a result of the picture next to the chatbox - I was wondering how intelligent she was.
- 2 2.1 (with private means) he leads the life of a gentlemanlleva la vida de un señorExample sentences2.2 (nobleman) (British) [archaic]
- At social gatherings eligible gentlemen would draw lots bearing ladies' names on the eve of St Valentine's Day.
- It seems as if everyone is so concerned with reputation and wealth and well-founded gentlemen.
- Perhaps it was then that within the Royal Navy an officer's entry status was that of an officer by education and a gentleman by social background and manners.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.