n (plural -men /-mən/)
- 1 1.1 (man) caballero (m), señor (m) there's a gentleman here to see you hay un caballero or un señor que desea verlo ladies and gentlemen (as term of address) señoras y señores Gentlemen CaballerosMore example sentences1.2 (well-bred man) caballero (masculine) he's a perfect gentleman es un perfecto caballero or es todo un caballero a gentleman's agreement un pacto de caballeros
More example sentences
- On this woman's right, on the other side of the table from Stanson, two older English-looking gentlemen sat quietly.
- On the bus on my way home, I was very polite to an elderly gentleman by offering him my side of the seat where he'd be more comfortable.
- In addition, instead of fashionably dressed young ladies stationed at the gate to usher in the movie-goers, formally attired old gentlemen will be assigned to do the job.
- He was always the perfect gentleman, courteous and kind in his dealings with others.
- ‘He was an honourable man and a gentleman and brightened every room with his presence,’ his older brother Keenan last night said.
- I'd like to point out that I was the perfect gentlemen throughout, and my question was as a result of the picture next to the chatbox - I was wondering how intelligent she was.
- 2 2.1 (with private means) señor (masculine) he leads the life of a gentleman lleva la vida de un señor 2.2 (nobleman) (British English/inglés británico) [archaic/arcaico], gentilhombre (masculine)More example sentences
- At social gatherings eligible gentlemen would draw lots bearing ladies' names on the eve of St Valentine's Day.
- It seems as if everyone is so concerned with reputation and wealth and well-founded gentlemen.
- Perhaps it was then that within the Royal Navy an officer's entry status was that of an officer by education and a gentleman by social background and manners.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an