Translation of geranium in Spanish:
- 1.1 (popular use)Example sentences1.2 (technical use)
geraniácea (feminine)Example sentences
- He filled the gutter with a mixture of weedless topsoil, finely screened compost and peat moss and planted his favorites - geraniums - in the mini planter.
- Containers are planted with geraniums and petunias in Ann's favorite colors - pink, lavender, and cerise.
- I filled it with some organic matter, planted bright red geraniums in the center and placed trailing ivy along the outer edges.
- The species of Crane's-bills, or wild geraniums, take their name from their distinctive bird's-bill-shaped seed cases.
- Is there any blue half so pure, and deep, and tender, as that of the large crane's bill, the geranium pratense of the botanists?
- Other plants like the hardy geraniums proved easy to remove, with buds of new growth indicating their position and neat clumps of roots that fitted snugly into the waiting pots.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.