Translation of geranium in Spanish:
- 1.1 (popular use) geranio (masculine), malvón (masculine) (Mexico/México) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)Example sentences1.2 (technical use) geraniácea (feminine)
- He filled the gutter with a mixture of weedless topsoil, finely screened compost and peat moss and planted his favorites - geraniums - in the mini planter.
- Containers are planted with geraniums and petunias in Ann's favorite colors - pink, lavender, and cerise.
- I filled it with some organic matter, planted bright red geraniums in the center and placed trailing ivy along the outer edges.
- The species of Crane's-bills, or wild geraniums, take their name from their distinctive bird's-bill-shaped seed cases.
- Is there any blue half so pure, and deep, and tender, as that of the large crane's bill, the geranium pratense of the botanists?
- Other plants like the hardy geraniums proved easy to remove, with buds of new growth indicating their position and neat clumps of roots that fitted snugly into the waiting pots.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the