The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (language) alemán (masculine)More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (person) alemán, (masculine, feminine)
More example sentences
- They speak a dialect of German called Pennsylvania Dutch at home.
- The official language is German but spoken language is an Alemannic dialect.
- From what I can tell, somebody went through and very literally translated words from German to English for the North American release.
- First taken by the British, it was lost next day to the Germans by the Americans who failed to retake it.
- That experience taught him how hard it will be to sell our expertise to the Swiss and Germans.
- We have got a lot to learn from the Americans, from the French, from the Germans in that respect.