Translation of gerrymander in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Politics)(state/district)
dividir injustamente (para beneficiar a un partido)Example sentences1.2 (manipulate unfairly)
- A gerrymandered election does not make for a democracy.
- He said the party had impoverished its supporters and predicted that they would turn against the ruling party, no matter how the constituency boundaries were gerrymandered.
- Politicians have come to see manipulation of the vote much as they see gerrymandering boundaries of voting districts - all part of the electoral game.
- If anything, it reinforced perceptions that the board and the ANC were simply gerrymandering provincial boundaries to suit short-term political ends.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.