Translation of gesture in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of body) a rude gestureto make a gesture of annoyance/impatienceun gesto groserohacer un gesto de irritación/de impacienciaExample sentences1.2 (token, expression) a gesture of defiance
an empty/symbolic gestureun gesto desafiantethe card arrived late, but it was a nice gestureun gesto vacío/simbólico(before noun) gesture politicsla tarjeta llegó tarde, pero fue todo un detallepolítica (feminine) gestual or del gestoExample sentences
- It has to do with attitude or spirit, which is reflected in speech patterns and facial expressions, hand gestures and overall body movement.
- So what do their expressions, hand gestures, body movements and speech say about what they're really thinking and feeling?
- Those quick hand gestures and body movements betray a restless energy and a need for variety and originality.
- She remembers other gestures of goodwill, including an Italian who took it upon himself to cook lunch for the farmer and his family while they were at church.
- Sometimes, youngsters convey through their simple gestures what many adults can never express in a thousand words.
- In a gesture of goodwill, a 24-hour internet cafe and a finance company in Edinburgh have offered US citizens free internet access to contact their loved ones.
- There was no indication that these paltry and tardy gestures have had any effect in dampening the mass protest movement.
- A Department of Justice spokesperson rejected suggestions the move was a political gesture which would prove unrealistic when challenged.
- He denied the move was a political gesture.
- she gestured in my directionhacer gestosI gestured to them to be quietme hizo señasles hice señas para que se callaranExample sentences
- Gavin kicked her leg under the table, gesturing to their glaring father meaningfully.
- Edwards, as nearly as I can tell, never utters a word without one or more hands gesturing in some significant, word-intensifying manner.
- ‘No need to pay,’ he said, gesturing at the tables and chairs, ‘this is my home.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to