Translation of getaway in Spanish:
- 1 (quick departure) to make one's getawayescaparsethe thieves made a quick getaway
huirlos ladrones se dieron rápidamente a la fuga or huyeron rápidamente del lugar de los hechos(before noun) the getaway carel coche que usaron ( or iban a usar etc) para la fugaExample sentences
- The suspect ran off, chased by the shop's staff, but escaped in a getaway car driven by an accomplice waiting outside the store.
- Although he escaped in a getaway car, he was pursued by police.
- A bicycle thief made a quick getaway after stealing his set of wheels in broad daylight.
- 2 (short vacation, break) (American English)escapada (feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Roads, ports and airports were today coping well with the wave of holidaymakers making Easter getaways.
- This does not have to be a long vacation, just a weekend getaway.
- This road is not spared even on holidays or weekends as it is the gateway to weekend getaways in that part of the city.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.