Translation of ghastly in Spanish:
- 1 (very bad, awful) [colloquial] (situation)horrendo [colloquial]I can't stand that ghastly womanno soporto a esa mujer, es repugnanteyou look ghastlytienes muy mala caraExample sentences
- With his ghastly haircut and appalling dress sense, and his strange mannerisms, he is, nevertheless a giant of a man.
- She is confined to her bed with ghastly old-fashioned furniture and state-supermarket fare.
- A ghastly terrible obscene waste of human life.
- 2 (horrible, hideous)Example sentences
- But when we looked up, the fires and smoke shifted from ghastly spectacle to specific human horror.
- But the horror was just too ghastly to verbalize.
- For others it was a slaughter of the innocents, a ghastly reminder of the horrors and insanity of war.
- 3 (deathly) [literary](light)
espectral [literary]Example sentences
- Her right arm came up, and pushed a hidden button on her forehead, and the helmet disappeared, replaced by a ghastly pale white head with green hair falling down her shoulders.
- There was no mistaking those ghastly eyes and pale white skin.
- Her lips were shrivelled and pale, her skin a ghastly white.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.