Translation of ghastly in Spanish:
- 1.1 (very bad, awful) [colloquial] I can't stand that ghastly womanyou look ghastlyno soporto a esa mujer, es repugnante1.2 (horrible, hideous)tienes muy mala caraExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (deathly) [literary]
- But when we looked up, the fires and smoke shifted from ghastly spectacle to specific human horror.
- But the horror was just too ghastly to verbalize.
- For others it was a slaughter of the innocents, a ghastly reminder of the horrors and insanity of war.
- With his ghastly haircut and appalling dress sense, and his strange mannerisms, he is, nevertheless a giant of a man.
- She is confined to her bed with ghastly old-fashioned furniture and state-supermarket fare.
- A ghastly terrible obscene waste of human life.
- Her right arm came up, and pushed a hidden button on her forehead, and the helmet disappeared, replaced by a ghastly pale white head with green hair falling down her shoulders.
- There was no mistaking those ghastly eyes and pale white skin.
- Her lips were shrivelled and pale, her skin a ghastly white.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to