Translation of giddy in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-dier, -diest)
- 1 1.1 [feeling/sensation] de mareo or aturdimiento he felt giddy se sentía mareado, la cabeza le daba vueltas don't look down, it'll make you giddy no mires hacia abajo que te va a dar vértigo all this talk is making me giddy tanta charla me está confundiendoExample sentences1.2 (causing dizziness) [speed] vertiginoso eventually I reached the giddy heights of supervisor [ironic] finalmente me vi encumbrado al puesto de supervisor [irónico]
- She was giddy with delight and has now fallen head over heels for his feline charms.
- It's a mildly light-headed, giddy sensation that starts in the chest and spreads out through the body and along the limbs.
- They are giddy with jetlag and an unspecified number of rum swizzles (an evening ritual).
- 2 (silly) [person] atolondrado, tarambana, alocado oh, my giddy aunt! (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] [dated/anticuado] ¡Ángela María! [colloquial/familiar] [anticuado]Example sentences
- I'm giddy as a young girl in a field, and a little anxious.
- Just as Christy was replacing the phone on the base, Carmen came tearing into the room, giddy as a young schoolgirl, and grabbed Christy's hand.
- Queen Rosalind peered across the distance of the causeway towards the horizon with the giddy enthusiasm of a young maid about to receive a precious, long anticipated, gift.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.