- 1 1.1 (present) regalo (m), obsequio (m) [formal]; [Religion/Religión] ofrenda (feminine) may I present you with a small gift? ¿puedo hacerle un pequeño obsequio? [formal] your gift could save a child's life su donación podría salvar la vida de un niño the perfect gift for the woman who has everything el regalo or [formal] el obsequio perfecto para la mujer que lo tiene todo a free gift in every packet [Business/Comercio] un obsequio en cada paquete it was a gift me lo regalaron, es un regalo it's a gift at that price a ese precio es una ganga or un regalo [colloquial/familiar] the exam was a gift [colloquial/familiar] el examen estaba regalado or tirado [colloquial/familiar] a gift from the gods un regalo del cielo never look a gift horse in the mouth a caballo regalado no le mires el diente or no se le miran los dientesMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (power of bestowal) [formal] to be in the gift of sb estar* en manos de algn the appointment to this post is in the gift of the president le incumbe al presidente hacer este nombramiento
- The couple decided to forego wedding presents and gifts totalling £900 were handed over to the hospital.
- The toasts were made, the wedding gifts presented, and finally we dined.
- I'll get you your final pay together as well as a bonus as a wedding gift, to help things along.
- The theme behind the design is the gift of perfume for Mother's Day, but the execution is that of stylized glamour.
- Aside from the gift of time, mothers like to feel pampered.
- 2 (talent) don (masculine) her artistic gifts su talento artístico, sus dotes artísticasto have a gift for sth/
-ingshe has a gift for poetry tiene talento para la poesía he has a gift for making people laugh tiene el don de saber hacer reír a la gente he has a gift for saying the wrong thing [ironic/irónico] tiene el don de la inoportunidad [ironic/irónico] the gift of the gab o (in American English also/en inglés norteamericano también) the gift of gab [colloquial/familiar] labia (feminine) [colloquial/familiar] he has the gift of the gab tiene mucha labia [colloquial/familiar], tiene un pico de oro [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- Yet the core of Boyd's ability, the essence of his talent, is his gift for finishing.
- Advertising folks who do this best have a natural gift for empathizing with the customers they hope to seduce.
- She had a natural gift for it and has kept with it.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.