- 1 1.1 (present) regalo (masculine), obsequio (masculine) [formal]; [Religion/Religión] ofrenda (feminine) may I present you with a small gift? ¿puedo hacerle un pequeño obsequio? [formal] your gift could save a child's life su donación podría salvar la vida de un niño the perfect gift for the woman who has everything el regalo or [formal] el obsequio perfecto para la mujer que lo tiene todo a free gift in every packet [Business/Comercio] un obsequio en cada paquete it was a gift me lo regalaron, es un regalo it's a gift at that price a ese precio es una ganga or un regalo [colloquial/familiar] the exam was a gift [colloquial/familiar] el examen estaba regalado or tirado [colloquial/familiar] a gift from the gods un regalo del cielo never look a gift horse in the mouth a caballo regalado no le mires el diente or no se le miran los dientesMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (power of bestowal) [formal] to be in the gift of sb estar* en manos de algn the appointment to this post is in the gift of the president le incumbe al presidente hacer este nombramiento
- The couple decided to forego wedding presents and gifts totalling £900 were handed over to the hospital.
- The toasts were made, the wedding gifts presented, and finally we dined.
- I'll get you your final pay together as well as a bonus as a wedding gift, to help things along.
- The theme behind the design is the gift of perfume for Mother's Day, but the execution is that of stylized glamour.
- Aside from the gift of time, mothers like to feel pampered.
- 2 (talent) don (masculine) her artistic gifts su talento artístico, sus dotes artísticasto have a gift for sth/
-ingshe has a gift for poetry tiene talento para la poesía he has a gift for making people laugh tiene el don de saber hacer reír a la gente he has a gift for saying the wrong thing [ironic/irónico] tiene el don de la inoportunidad [ironic/irónico] the gift of the gab o (in American English also/en inglés norteamericano también) the gift of gab [colloquial/familiar] labia (feminine) [colloquial/familiar] he has the gift of the gab tiene mucha labia [colloquial/familiar], tiene un pico de oro [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- Yet the core of Boyd's ability, the essence of his talent, is his gift for finishing.
- Advertising folks who do this best have a natural gift for empathizing with the customers they hope to seduce.
- She had a natural gift for it and has kept with it.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.