- 1 (Zoology) to go green about the gillsponerse (blanco) como un or el papelExample sentences
- Some others, like the Siamese fighting fish, are capable of breathing air in addition to extracting oxygen from the water with their gills.
- When you see an aquarium fish gulping water, or ‘making a gookie,’ you will also see the gill cover opening and the gills fluttering, as water is drawn over the gills and the fish breathes.
- To make matters worse, fish have large respiratory membranes, the gills, which expose a huge amount of surface area to the watery medium.
- (medida para líquidos equivalente a la cuarta parte de una pinta o 0,142 l)Example sentences
- The sets of weights were once the work tools of the county's pound police where they were used to measure the pounds, ounces, quarters and gills of an untold number of items.
- A tot is a sixth, a fifth, a quarter or a third of a gill of whisky.
- At school we had a free gill of milk each morning break as part of the government's plan to build a nation of healthy young things.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.