- 1 uncountable/no numerable (finish) dorado (masculine) to take the gilt off the gingerbread (British English/inglés británico) quitarle la gracia a algo (before noun/delante del nombre) [finish/frame] doradoMore example sentences
- Follow the application instructions for your choice of finish, paint or gilt.
- Let us peel away some of the layers of gilt and glimpse at some of the failures.
- Crafted in silver and gilt, the 60-cm high trophy features a golden globe held aloft by three silver columns.
- 2(gilts plural)[Finance/Finanzas] (British English/inglés británico) papel (masculine) del estadoMore example sentences
- It is almost certainly better than leaving your money in the bank or buying fixed interest investments such as government gilts.
- People are selling stock to buy gilts (UK government bonds).
- That meant investing more in safer government gilts.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Pulque is a thick, white, Mexican alcoholic drink made from fermented maguey juice; the sacred drink of the Aztecs. It is drunk without being aged, sometimes with added fruit or vegetable juice. Pulquerías are bars where it is drunk.