- 1 (undergarment) faja (feminine)More example sentences
- Yet the exhibit still reveals the intricate machinery that made the New Look work: corsets, brassieres and girdles re-emerged from decades past to discipline the female body into the latest couture creations.
- Avoid tight-fitting clothing or undergarments that restrict blood flow at the waist, groin & legs (e.g. girdles, stockings & socks).
- She pulled on a loose fitting chemise and a violet silk skirt over her girdle and stockings and left her room silently, in search of adventure.
- 2 (belt) cinturón (masculine) a girdle of coral reef encircles the island [literary/literario] un cinturón de arrecifes de coral circunda la isla [literary/literario]More example sentences
- Such gems could be woven into important clothing, on belts and girdles, mounted as jewellery, or just collected for their own sake.
- They served as belt toggles to hold containers for tobacco, money and other objects that would be carried on the cloth belt or girdle, as the kimono had no pockets.
- His long-sleeved, shirt-like garment is held in at the waist by a narrow girdle.